It’s been a wonderful Eastern Washington summer of boating on the lake and wearing no socks. I took a few months off from this blog, but I am now energized and back in the right frame of mind to continue blogging. I expect to make some cosmetic changes to the site as well, so don’t be surprised if it looks different soon…
September has already arrived, and I’m looking forward to Fall arts and harvest time! You probably came here to ready about art events, so here it is: Sustainable September returns to Eastern Washington with food events, presentations, contests and a LEED certified kickoff luncheon.
Sustainable September 2011 arts and entertainment highlights include:
MAIN STREET FAIR: The fifth annual Sustainable Uprising celebrates sustainability and community. Vendors, music and fun for all. More info here.
- Noon, September 10, 2011. Main Ave between Brown and Division
- Sustainable Uprising, hosted by the YSC. 8pm-Midnight, September 10. This youth oriented festival includes a local fashion show and live performance. I recommend the Facebook event page for more info.
CONTEST: “Trash to Treasure, My Home, Tomorrow” is a recycled art contest hosted by REI.
- Prizes awarded for best work of art made of recycled materials.
- More info and submission guidelines here.
- September 14th, FREE shorts Night: IMAX Beavers, The Man Who Planted Trees, The Story of Stuff, The Lorax, & Beaver Creek locally produced shorts.
- September 21st ($5) : Unnatural Causes:Bad Sugar & Red Gold
- September 28th ($5) : Coal Country & The Story of Cap and Trade